Since I don't have a 970 to test myself, I'd suggest that anyone experiencing problems of this sort take detailed notes (as several of you seem to have done) and pass that information along to Outlaw. The 970 uses the same platform as the 1070, which has been "on the street" since late last summer I believe, so the problem is almost certainly either the result of previously-unseen equipment interactions or perhaps a bug introduced while fixing other problems (such as the video switching update from December) - after all, anytime you touch code you run the risk of messing something up elsewhere in the system. The RS-232 port is there to cope with issues like this, and if Outlaw has feedback such as we're seeing here it will let them root out the source and hopefully squash any pesky bugs.

(It may be that I'm just tired and need to go to bed, but this talk of annoying bugs caused me to think about a particular skunk about 110 miles from here that was sniffing around a construction dumpster - makes me wonder what the skunk would think about the assorted phone calls and e-mails that bounced around today because of its presence.)