though i appreciate the links, i've owned a C-9 since it's first arrival. in fact, my manual is hand written and illustrated by BC. i understand the process implicitly.

to clarify, it's interaural crosstalk cancellation. 'crosstalk cancellation' implies that there is something wrong with your equipment that needs corrected.

on the other hand, i don't understand bass enhance any more than i did before your posts and, apparantly, the FAQ article actually contains wrong information on the subject. i think that if it's all you think it is, the manual might have given the subject a bit more ink than the paragraph that 'covers' the subject.

if you have the ears to be able to properly level adjust and select the proper LP point and slope for, in any given multi-channel format, the LFE when it's summed with redirected bass into however many subs, then you have extraordinary ears. and, it's simply unnecessary to attempt.

our viewpoints here are basically opposite.

soundhound's original post describes a method to best reproduce a stereo mic'ed bass signal. i agree with that method, and any method that best plays back the original content. bass enhance seeks to alter a studio mix of direct-injected bass so that it sounds more like a live recording...not my preference. just as misguided, would be an attempt to place the bass signal of a stereo mic'ed mix into the 'center of your head'. the subject is reproduction of stereo bass, not post production creation of stereo bass. thus, my comments.

bass enhance is well enough documented by it's owners to convince me of it's limited success. to imply that it is not at all placement critical is incorrect.

lexicon is at the top of the heap, worldwide, in the field of reverb and delay processing on the production side. you underestimate their clout. certainly, at least, they have as much clout as apogee's rich elen.

i personally believe that the MC-12B is the best pre-pro available today. one of the reasons is the LF output config and processing thereof (bass enhance notwithstanding).

soundhound has said that he would prefer multi-channel audio be produced in a 5.0 format. that makes more sense to me than to say summing the .1 channel with redirected bass is perfectly fine. THAT makes no sense whatsoever.