Can someone please explain the advantage(s) of connecting my DVD player to my 970 & then to the TV, instead of just going directly to the TV? My DVD player has HDMI, so I'd need 2 HDMI-DVI cables to reach my HDMI equipped TV if I go through the 970. Going straight to the TV of course means only one cable. My system has only the DVD player as a source, & I don't see adding another component in the forseeable future.

My DVD player (Denon 1920) has 5.1 analog outputs. The manual doesn't give a clear desription of what they're for (well, to me anyway). Are these strictly for SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, or all? I'm just using the digital Toslink connection to the 970. Am I missing out on some sonic goodness by not using the multi-channel analog outputs? I've bought a few DVD-Audio discs (& quite like the quality) & am planning of regularly adding them to my collection.

Outlaw Model 970
Anthem MCA50
Denon DVD-1920
Toshiba 34" 16:9 HD CRT
Wharfedale Pacific Evo 8/center/surr/12" sub
Prismiq MediaPlayer
Toshiba 34" 16:9 HD CRT
Wharfedale Pac Evo 8 / cen / surr / sub