If a system was set up with the FL, FC& FR using sub woofers with electronic crossovers and setting the speakers to large in the 950 then each of the 3 front speaker channels would be capable of full frequency response. Any two-channel source or multi-channel source would have full frequency response in the 3 front channels. For the ultimate system, I would think that a 4th subwoofer only channel should be added for LFE with sub set to "yes" in the 950. This would send any multichannel movie LFE to the 4th subwoofer channel. Since I do not fully understand how various formats (stereo music, two channel movie, DVD 5.1 movie, DVD-A, DTS, etc., etc.) are mixed, does this seem logical? By building a system in this configuration, it seems to me that it would play every format without reconfiguring subs or 950 switches. The 4 subwoofers would not be there to blow the room completely apart but to put the sound in its proper location. I would assume that the 4th subwoofers placement would not be as critical as the other 3. The 3 that are associated with the 3 front channels should be as close to the 3 front channels as possible. I would like to hear the three front channels with full frequency response. I am just in the planning stage at this time but I value everyone’s opinion. Thanks.