Thanks Soundhound for the stereo subs idea. My l&r mains each have 12" subs, so I tried it and you know what, I could feel the difference from my listening position. So then I was wondering what to do about the LFE channel for movies and I just so happen to have a 15" dBX passive sub. Hmm, Outlaw 770 driving 7 channels, the 7th channel is really the same as the sixth, so I bridged those two and used the spare for the dBX (rated at 6 ohm) and now, I really have some serious earth rattling bass. Not boomy either, but tight and good extension.

There is a track on the Phantom Menace when they first get to the underwater city, something like the 7th or 8th chapter. Anyway, there is a bass line to this chapter that I never knew was there until I moved to this setup.

FYI, I have the dBX/LFE channel right up front with the other subs, but up under the stairs so the corner becomes a reflector/multiplier for the sub. My room is small to med sized.

I am hooked, I would recommend others give stereo subs a try. Kinda cool when the ship flys by in the movie and you can feel the bass line move with it from one side of the screen to the other. It does enhance the movie experience. And since I have the surrounds remixed for the subs in the LFE channel, I don't miss out by having the extra dBX sub.