I don't think Outlaw is upgrading units being shipped. I just received my 970 on jan 28 (last Saturday) and they shipped it to me apparently without upgrading the software. I did not notice problem right because it does not occur with all material pushed out the component video outputs. Satillite signal is fine HD is fine. It flashes every minute or so when I'm watching Sinfeld DVD (4x3 mode on my TV- a Sony 40" 4x3 XBR. I don't seem to have any problem with 16x0 material on the same TV. So far anyway. What a bummer- now I have to buy a cable download the program when the problem was already known and problem supposedly solved prior to me ordering my unit. Not good gonk- I was going ahead with purchase based on your post ablve. having said that, from what I can see (except for this problem still shipping to customers) the video circuitry is excellent- no degradation at all. I'm pushing the HD satillite signal 40' across the room from the 970 outputs and the picture looks as good as when it was hooked up with a high-end 3' cable from under the TV. Now I have to go buy a computer cable ...