Quote:
Originally posted by pleary:
[B]
Anyone care to recommend a pair of subs that would work well in a 16' x 14' x 9' listening room with large, full-range (down to 30hz) mains? Assume that they would be used 50/50 music/HT and that I'd like to achieve value that's on par with the Outlaws.
B]

Check out SVS subs (svsubwoofers.com) , they are an excellent value. I've got one of thier 16-46PCi's in my system, and it blew away the competition. (I was demoing a paradigm PW2200...which I had demoed against every subwoofer at my dealers shop...which included subs from Velodyne, M&K, Paridigm, Paridigm Referance, and Boston.) The PW is an excellent sub...ratteling the walls of my house to the foundation. It was a new sub (man, I do love my local shop), so unfortunatly it was a little "stiff" and a little sloppy in the accuracy department. (Which I do expect would have tightend up a bit after the cone broke in.)

The SVS was a better performer then the Paridigm. The only setback is that the SVS is a very odd duckling. (It looks like a giant black water heater) The 16-46PCi is taller then my monitor 11's. However since I'm a swinging batchelor...I don't have anyone complaining! (Except the neighbors).