Quote:

Quote:
The PRe3 does not have any bass mangement capabilities. I wish it did as I could just use a Y adapter to the sub cable from the 805. Thanks for your help!
Let me toss out a crazy idea, then. Set the front speakers to large and disable the subwoofer output on the 805, then route the left and right channel pre-amp outputs from the 805 to the PRe3 (as you already are) and the left and right channel pre-amp outputs from the PRe3 through the SMS-1 on their way to the power amps. Then connect the subwoofer to the SMS-1. You are basically going to use the SMS-1's built-in 80Hz analog high-pass crossovers for the left and right channels, so you'd want to set the digital low-pass crossover in the SMS-1 to 80Hz to match up with it. The 805 would mix the LFE channel into the left and right channels, where it would end up getting split back out by the SMS-1. Whaddaya think? [/QB]
gonk,

That was my idea as well! So seeing that you have also suggested it means it will work quite well! Yes the PRe3 does have HT Bypass, it is a great option to have.

Another question. With the setup as you suggested is there a way to disable the sub for 2CH if I just wanted to listen in full range for my R&L front speakers? Basically a way to defeat the SMS-1 and send a full range signal to my amp from the PRe3 (805 off). Also do you think that the SMS-1 will degrade the SQ of the PRe3? Or will it pass the signal untouched? Thanks again for your help I really appreciate it!