I've been happy with my SMS-1 for almost two years now. I first sued it to augment the anemic lf of my former main stereo speakers (running mains full range and dialing in Paradigm Servo 15). I now have full-range SP Tech revelations that really don't require a sub at all, so I use the SMS-1 to EQ my movie and mirez multichannel from the processor.

However, a buddy of mine asked this question and i began to think about it. Could 1 SMS-1 handle both the above scenarios? If you had a stereo pre that had dual main outs, and ran one set (call it rca) to the SMS-1, and also had a movie processor that had an XLR LFE out, and also ran IT to the SMS-1, and had an SVS PB13-ULtra that has both inputs (rca and balanced) could you set up the SMS-1 with different presets to handle both jobs. Preset 5, for example, would have a certain mual EQ dialed in at say 57hz, and be properly EQ'd for the main speakers; then have Preset 6, for example, set for no corssover (xover being set in processor), and EQ'd for LFE sounds? When just listenbing to stereo, select preset 5, yada yada....?? Anybody?
Ted