I fail to see how routing the LFE into the stereo subs where it is reproduced by both, will not work. The LFE in the case of films is synthesized in almost all instances anyway - I know, I create some of them! Please educate me on why sending this signal to two subs equally "will not work"

I said from the beginning that this was best for acoustic recordings, and recordings in large venues especially. Last time I checked, this applied to a significant number of recordings out there. I know it does not apply necessarily to some studio recordings. If you listen to jazz and classical music at all in stereo, this is where the benefit is.

I'm amused by some of the resistance I've encountered on this subject on this forum, and on another I've posted this on. Maybe I'm just too dense and don't get it - maybe the marketing machine has convinced too many people that the LFE is sacred and must be reproduced only by a dedicated subwoofer. I've simply tried to describe a simple and cost effective way to make a HT system that is also used for music listening as effective as possible in both formats.

There are a very significant number of people who do listen to two channel (stereo) music. To ignore it's existance is turning one's back on a vast library of recordings that will never exist in a multi-channel format. The music is the message, NOT the way it's delivered - 5.1 channels, 2.0 channels, or even 1 channel.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited April 05, 2003).]