I've had the SMS-1 in my system for some time now and I'm loving its performance. It is so transparent that I even forget that it's in the system. Except for one situation. Whenever we experience a power outage (most of the time they are a couple of seconds or less) the SMS-1's display light (which I usually have turned off) goes on. If I hit the "light" button on the remote this turns off the display but a thought just occurred to me. Normally, when one powers down and then powers up the SMS-1 the display "remembers" what mode it was in (On or Off). However, since a power outage obviously is causing the display to light up on my SMS-1 I'm wondering if this power surge is also causing the unit to lose its calibration settings? Does anyone know if a power outage (momentary blackout) also clears the calibration settings on the SMS-1? Normally, I wouldn't think so since one can turn the SMS-1 on and off, but the strange lighting up of the display during brief power outages makes me wonder if this affects other settings as well. I'm hoping that this is not the case since I don't relish the idea of having to take out the calibration microphone after each of these incidents. And putting an UPS in the system is not very practical at this time and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

Any takers on this?

Thanks in advance.

My HT - Updated 05/29/07