I have started setting up my new LFM-1's and
SMS-1 today. After checking the room with the sms-1 mike (1 sub setting in sweet spot then in next most likely seating position)I was surprised that the 2 locations with the flattest response before equalization were in corners at the back of the room. The front corners created huge peaks and valleys. The side walls were even worse. After moving the sub to their back corners I ran the EQ program and had a very large peaks ( 4db above the + or - 3 db over all ) in frequency range of 25-35 Hz. I was able to bring this peak down to make a flat response + or - 3db but I had to make some drastic adjustments. I am concerned with the frequency so close the low Q I had to use to widen the octave range that the over lap might be worse than the the peak. Here is what the settings are for the 2 sliders in this area.

L -13.0
F 28
Q 2.0

L -13.0
F 32
Q 0.3

The sliders either side of the above in case it would make a difference are

L +3.0
F 20
Q 0.9

L -3.0
F 36
Q 5.6

I have a basic understanding how all of this works but much of it makes my eyes glaze over. I realize learning a lot of this is reading and trying to see what works. Any suggestion would be appreciated. If you can explain as simple as possible that would help too.

Thanks again
Brad