I am going to use this unit on a stereo system. My plan is to remove my ICBM (which happens to be set at 80hz anyway) with this unit and EQ only my IB sub.

As I understand it there are a set of inputs on the SMS that permit a full frequency stereo analog input (such as would be output from a stereo pre-amp) and there are also two sets of analog outputs. One set passes the full bandwidth and the other passes only the signal above the fixed 80hx crossover point.

So far, thats cool.

But...because I run an IB sub, I have NO gain control. It runs wide open off of two M2200's. There is also NO subwoofer out on the pre-amp so I have no gain control there either. The only sub gain will be the SMS (as the ICBM is the only sub gain now)

Now...what I need to know is this:

When I use the gain on my pre-amp (the overall system gain) will it also boost the sub gain accordingly like it now does with the ICBM or do the sub outs on the SMS need to be adjusted separately? (this sounds stupid but I have seen this type of set up before).

My hope is that once adjusted, the SMS will increase or decrease the sub volume along with the input gain, AND that if I wish, I can boost or cut JUST the sub level (via remote) to taste for thin recordings or overly fat ones.

Anyone using one of these SMS's for a stereo?

Mike