Folks,

Thought I'd post this thread here since the SMS-1 does not yet have it's own section at least not when I first started typing this yesterday.

First off, I apologize for being a dose of cold water.

I read the latest announcement on the SMS-1 with great interest. Of particular appeal was the following:

"It also handles up to three different subs simultaneously, making it a piece of cake to squeeze every last bit of performance from any subwoofer configuration you could throw at it, including our LFM double sub combos."

I have multiple subs. Got my attention!

Then I downloaded the owner's manual and found out that the SMS-1's LFE outputs all send the same signal to each sub. In order to properly EQ multiple subs you will need to buy one SMS-1 per sub since, in my opinion, it would be next to impossible to place two (or three) subs, identical or not, in two (or three) different locations in the same room and expect that they would each need the same optimized signal to perform their best. A single SMS-1 with multiple subs is a compromise at best.

Having thrown cold water on the multiple sub issue, it still looks like a single SMS-1 unit should make a great addition in a single sub situation.

Anyone else see it differently?

Jeff Mackwood