For me I enjoy music in stereo best but I do occasionally listen to multi-channel DVD-A and SACD. It has been noted before that the quality of multi-channel recordings is highly variable and in my experience some are annoying. Though I don't own any live SACD/DVD-A discs I think the surrounds would be a great place for crowd noise/applause to reproduce the experience of being there but not instruments. I sometimes use 5 channel stereo for background music when I'm busy doing other things as it fills the room better. IMHO, overall stereo does the best at reproducing a live event with the sound coming from in front of you.

I'm in the process of putting together a separate stereo setup and the RR2150 is on my short list of electronics given all its features. Outlaw has hit a sweet spot with the RR2150 with bass management, the USB input and a phono input. FYI other manufacturers are in this modernized 2 channel arena. The Parasound 2100 stereo preamp comes to mind.

Finally, yes, that's me. The picture was taken on Midway Island in about 1961 and I believe that is my father's first stereo receiver. When it came to the stereo/home theater hobby the apple didn't fall far from the tree.