Dane, I'm tellin ya, go with Adire Audio's Shiva for subwoofer. You will not regret it! Just log onto http://www.acoustic-visions.com and order a kit and they'll ship it to you. Not having much luck with the looks? There, you can get yourself a custom finished sub and it won't empty out your budget. Ok, what about the performance? I'd say its awesome. It will fill your room with rich and tight bass when you put music through it. It blends in well with my other speakers. Mine is tuned to around 18 HZ which you won't hear at that point but you will feel it. I watched Star Wars Episode II on DVD and at the beginning of this movie there is an explosion scene. I had an alarm clock sitting on top of my sub and it got tossed over the edge. The pictures on the wall got tilted from the shake. My sub weighs around 150 lbs. You can imagine the strength of the driver. Now I keep the volume low. You won't get that kind of performance from a sub unless you pay over $1,200 (may be more) nowadays. Mine coasted just over $400.

Why bother traveling to dealers for a sub? Save your time and spend it with your wife instead.