Quote:
Originally posted by Dane:
The advice is helping. I surfed the Paradigm site and their speakers look good. The dealer locator on their webpage was not working when I tried, but they replied promptly to my e-mail and have located a couple local (40 & 80 miles away) dealers. The one I spoke to seemed knowledgable. From what I saw on their website I like the Reference Studio 40 for my front left & right, and possibly the SA-25 in-walls for my side surrounds. One of the big benefits is that the wife is happy so far with the appearance and size of the Paradigms. She gave me the "where in the %$&* are you going to put that" when I showed her how big the SVS subs were. Apparently women don't appreciate the benefits of bone shaking bass.

PS: Just finished watching Jackie Chan in Tuxedo. I bet James Brown would sound better in 5.1 or 7.1 surround. Man, am I getting tired of my olde stereo.

If you think that's bad, show her this sub (http://music.bizrate.com/Harman%20Kardon%20subwoofer,mpoi__cat_id--11560000,prod_id--5006407,rf--wgg.html) and then tell her that I have two of those, and am in the process of getting yet another subwoofer from Rutledge Audio Design.

Jeff