Quote:
Originally posted by SpOoNmAn:
I didn't see anyone mention Defintive and their subs. They have small, very affordable ones and then you move up to the newer Supercubes.

I have a pf15TL+, for $650.00, and the Spercube 1 for $1,200.00

The 3 10" woofers in the Supercube, coupled with the 1,500 watt amp kills the 15" 500 watt 15TL+.

Both are actually quite musical, with the Supercube being the better of the 2 in that regard.

I auditioned the smaller SuperCube 2, and that little thing kicks some ass as well. I guess we all have our brands we latch onto, and mine is Def Tech.

If you want excellent low frequency response, the Supercube is rated down to 13Hz. I have run the 20Hz test tone several times and it picks it up without breaking a sweat

But remember, there's a difference between good bass and loud and deep bass. There aren't that many subwoofers out there that can do both, at least not compared to the garbage that's out there.

I'd say M&K is probably your best bet for subwoofers. I'd also consider the Sunfire and the Sunfire Junior, Atlantic Technology, B&W, and if your budget's high enough, Aerial.

Some day ... not today, but someday ... I'm moving up to an Aerial 20t system!

Jeff