Keep the ideas coming...

From my old system I have a 250 watt Acoustic Research sub which I will use until I upgrade the last piece in my puzzle. So far I would like a pair of SVS, but I have not found anyone in the area with them.

My big problem, beside coming up with some $$$$ is that I live in the middle of nowhere NC. Listening to several different brands of speakers will involve a lot of driving and a bit of flying. At this point I am trying to slim down my search a bit. My room is huge, but I am not going to try and push it to THX volumes. The sytem will spend 80% of it's time playing normal television shows and the remaining will be split between music and movies.

I have listened to the Klipsch which sounded OK, but they only had one in-wall speaker that I really like. A store about 35 miles away sells B&W so I'll be making a trip there next, but I think they will be too expensive (though the wife thought the Nautilus towers ($8'000 each) would look good in the living room). One of the biggest things going for the M&K so far is that they seem to have some decent speakers in smaller sizes (gotta keep the wife happy). I am a bit worried that some reviews say that the M&K I like (150THX) has a narrow sweet spot.