Moved into our new house three months ago and I'm pecking away on the home theater. So here's where I am... So far I've got a Sony 40" XBR high-def TV and a Sony progressive scan DVD player. I just bought a Panamax 5100 line conditioner to feed my new electronics nice smooth power. The space I have to fill with sound is quite large, about 7'000 cubic feet in all. It it is a living room with the back wall open to the kitchen and dining area. The living room has a ceiling vaulted up to 12' and the dining & kitchen are 9' ceilings.

Next on my "list to purchase" are a receiver/amp and speakers. I think I have finally narrowed my receiver choice down to the Outlaw 950 though I have not choosen an amp. yet. I was looking at Sony or Denon all-in-one box but the price of the Outlaw makes it a strong contender.

The big problem are speakers. I've got a $3'000 budget in mind. Of course, the wife does not like big speakers so I am limited somewhat in size. My side surrounds MUST be in-wall and the front L & R can be bookshelf size. I put my foot down on the sub (gotta pick your battles) and can do about anything. So far I am leaning towards the M&K since they seem to have a speaker for each location that I like. What does everyone think I should do with my $3'000 speaker money.

Lots of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dane