Lots of people say "sound for the money". That's the key point. The 1070 beats any Denon at the same price point and matches the Rotel RSX-1057 ($1300 list?) for SQ but not reliability and some features. And it is nowhere near Sunfire seperates (and nor should it be for the price). You pays your money and takes your choice.

But the difference in $ is not that great between a Rotel and 1070 - that's where Outlaw falls down - why save $300 over the lifetime of a receiver for sound dropouts, DVI when everything else is HDMI (i.e., non-transferable cables), or renamable inputs for family convience? And Outlaw service is great compared to the airlines but try Anthem, Rotel and Rega - just as good and personal as Outlaw (they've all helped me out).

I get the brand loyalty thing, but the US is a capitalist economy and hopefully Outlaw understand the feedback that they get from this site to help them suceed.

Well, gonna duck the flak I'm sure to get smile and go help Santa deliver his goodies (esp. that Blue-Ray player labeled "To Daddy form Santa"- should make the wife believe). Merry Christmas everyone, and thanks to you all for such a great site.