For all of you newbie's! The industry no longer caters to good sounding music. The current trend is strictly HT and movies.

Normal stereo music, 2 channel should be kept in the analog domain.

To credit the people at Outlaw, they kept an analong input in the 970/1070 that can bypass digital circuits and be kept simple. To even make better sound, they allow Analog Bass MGMT so you can keep your sub in line! This great feature is not in the 990. I do belive you can bypass the digital crap but not use the sub with analog bass MGMT.

My system uses some audiophile componets such as my front end DVD (modified) player, my main speakers, subwoofer and amplifier.

I tried a high end Pre/pro which is wonderful for HT, Movies and HDTV. When I tried playing music, I was so let down.

All the current preamps and receivers are using digital this and digital that. I say Crap, crap, crap. Even Outlaw uses digital inputs as the times call for them yet the still keep in mind that people like me and others need the analog for Music which so many people do not take serious.

My 1070 A/V receiver is used as a preamp. I have to rate the 1070 as good for music and good for HT. The $3000 (new) pre/pro I tried I would rate as excellent for HT, lousy for music. The Outlaw product is the happy medium.

I am hoping that Outlaw makes the next generation 970/1070 and even the 990 to use the multi-channel ANALOG input in Bypass with Analog Bass Mgmt!

I want all of you who read this who may agree with me to pass this along to the folks at Oulaw. The more we tell them (Scott - Director, Edwin - Tech Support, Peter T (President), the better chance we have to see are desires come true.

Keep Analog alive!
HSU VTF-2 Mk2 sub x2
VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp
ARC SP16-L tube Preamp
Audio Note Dac 2.1 "B" signature
Furutech E-TP80,
Ascend HTM-200, 340C
Sony KDS-55A2020