This has been a good and interesting thread as I see myself in the same situation maybe with slightly different reasons. I've had my 1070 since July 2006. It's still buggy, mostly with no audio when first turned on, but that would not be a reason for me to switch as I just turn it off and back on and I'm good to go. The puzzling part of this is, I would think this would be easy to diagnose since it's so predictable. I've been through all the updates and even beta tested firmware for them at one point. Anyway, I'm interested in HDMI 1.3a technology for my new components in the next 6 months. I realize I can use analogue to pass the new uncompressed audio with a few of the new HD players but I just feel I want to try and tackle HDMI, and I know the problems I may have, I spend hours reading the forums on this subject. I don't think I will miss the SQ of the 1070 because of the less than ideal speaker setup I use in this particular room. I'm using 7 Speakercraft AIM8-Level-3 in ceiling speakers with a HSU MKIII sub with Behrenger DSP1124 to equalize the sub. The primary use is HT, then low to mid level background music. I'm thinking of trying either a Denon 3808 or Onkyo 8505, the Denon seems to be less buggy than the Onkyo in the forums. At any rate, what would the 1070 be worth? Half price? Anyone interested? It is mint condition with probably less than 70 hours.
Thanks,
Tom