David_W,

I am please to tell you that I now have the Anthem amp in the system. At this time, I am using the amp just for the front speakers. I am hoping to hook up the other three on Thursday If my buddy can help me and if the 2 pair of Banana Plugs arrive from BlueJean Cables.

I am using brand new IC's with Bullet RCA's and also a brand new Power Cord that is used on the 1070.

New cables take time to break in and I am told to give these Ics and power cord 70 hours.

I was playing FM, My PC and then some HD broadcast material and the DVD player I have is very high resolution.

Before I went to bed, I stayed up really late and played two Rocks SACDS. SRV Texas flood sounds nice and when I played the live tracks, I was really loving them. The Bass is tighter, punchier and more detailed. The HF's are better and I hear more detail in the Mids. The transparesy is also better. The Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet SACD was next. The same traits apply to that one to, I was really into the music. I can say I have not heard these two Discs sound this good before.

I will report back soon yet I know to let the cables break in.

The 1070 is fine as a preamp, works well! I do not have the bugs the some people do so I say Hail Outlaw for this great unit!

The amp is an Anthem MCA 5 series two amp. What I really like is what I read about this amp. When listening at low levels, the music is more involving, esp the bass. I also like the transparent sound.

What I do not like is the lousy speaking posts. The ones on the 1070 are better than these buggers.

Should I decide to mod this amp, the first things I want is new speaking binding posts.

More to come.

Liz out

PS All hail GONK!
HSU VTF-2 Mk2 sub x2
VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp
ARC SP16-L tube Preamp
Audio Note Dac 2.1 "B" signature
Furutech E-TP80,
Ascend HTM-200, 340C
Sony KDS-55A2020