Peter was the main man for NAD USA. As an Audiophile, I hate receivers yet the 1070 is getting me through a very tough time in my life until I get my feet back on the ground. I am a former Systems Engineer making $100,000 back in 1999 and now I can't find any work and when I do, it is BS temp for really low pay.

I use Audiophile grade speakers (Alon 2 Mk2) as fronts and I have a really great DVD player (Denon 3930CI) which I had modified by Matt at SACDmods.com. These two Audiophile grade pieces in my system are way about the 1070 yet the 1070 performs way above is price point. Is the 1070 perfect, I say no. It is without doubt, the audiophile's pathway into HT.

The 1070 plays Music, not some fake crap that most receivers play.

The next Gen should be nice, HDMI 1.3 inputs, full HD Audio decoding, and good sound. I hope that add more power , say 75 x 7 channels and use less IC's and maybe better DAC's

I applaud Outlaw for making such a fine component to please a really fickle Audiophile like me.

I want to mention to all that the main man to ask for help is the one and only Jim P aka Gonk.

Liz out
HSU VTF-2 Mk2 sub x2
VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp
ARC SP16-L tube Preamp
Audio Note Dac 2.1 "B" signature
Furutech E-TP80,
Ascend HTM-200, 340C
Sony KDS-55A2020