Initial notes. I'll be continuing to take notes, and will post a full review, but wanted to get my initial impressions down.

Received the 1070 today (Saturday), and am assuming that the Outlaws arranged for Saturday delivery (probably at no additional shipping cost). That was a very nice touch, and much appreciated.

The box came with a sticker, "Opened for QC Inspections," and I was pleased to see that. However, after set-up, I had problems that I was able to resolve by simply pressing the Master Power switch again. More on this perhaps in a later review.

Remote does not power the unit on. I press the various options, TNR, AMP, etc., but it won't turn on the receiver. Otherwise, the remote works okay.

Had a drop out occur while playing a DVD-A. Disappointed by that. I'll be watching it closer.

The lag during Auto Polling seems a little long. When a DVD switches from the Menu to the Main Film, there is a significant pause after the film studio logo comes on. This is kind of frustrating.

Sound quality -- This is FAR superior to my HK 7000, hands down. Further, sound problems I had with the HK disappeared here. e.g., I had a bad problem with sibilance in my center speaker that has, as if by magic, disappeared.

Was a little disappointed to see it is made in Malaysia -- I'm a little nervous, because the HK was built in China, and it didn't last as long as I had hoped. However, just looking at the 1070, you can tell it is built like a tank. It is heavy and, looking through the grill, you can see how well built it is. The transformer is almost as big as the transformer in my HK7000 -- and the HK7000 cost about $1,700! I know of no other receiver at this price point that offers a toroidal transformer. Amazing.

Girlfriend, an artist, is pleased by the design. She made a few comments about, e.g., the rounded edges. It is a complimentary piece of furniture, not an eyesore gadget. Frankly, I love that it compliments my NAD 6155 tape deck. It would have been perfect, if it had the green button!