Was there any report of any audio-related bug that's not "total" and thus immediately identifiable?
I mean, was there a case of someone reporting too low a level in the surround speakers which got restored after the system was cycled, like it's the case with the "no audio" bug?
Seeing the "no audio" bug still rearing its ugly head after such a long time plus other firmware-related issues, I tend to lose confidence in the unit.
Having "no audio" is immediately identifiable, but too low a surround level, that might be legit or not.
I was watching the NBA playoffs and I realized a significant increase in surround sound loudness when the transmission in 3/2.1 resumed after a commercial in Dolby 2 channel mode. The problem was that before the commercial I was feeling that the sports arena atmosphere was missing, but I thought that that's the way the transmission was. When after the commercial interruption the sound came to what I was expecting, I became aware of yet another POTENTIAL manifestation of the buggy firmware/1070 combination.
I do hope that I'm imagining things, for a total audio interruption I could live with, but not to trust that the unit fairly reproduces what it's supposed to even when it's working, that's too much to bear.
Am I alone on this one?