In all honesty and fairness I feel compelled to write this message.

Today I have received the replacement unit which was already upgraded by Scott with the latest firmware. The result is an Outlaw 1070 FREE of the now infamous "no audio" bug, at least as far as I've experienced. And I've tried all the scenarios that were exposing it before, with the stock firmware. The unit didn't flinch. It didn't lose its grip on the audio format no matter what. I believe this latest firmware is a winner over the "no audio" bug.

As far as Outlaw Audio customer service goes, this time they lived up to their reputation. Everything Scott said was delivered "verbatimely", via overnight delivery and Saturday delivery. Quite a feast.

When I was displeased with Outlaw Audio, albeit there was a misunderstanding in there too and my situation was a pretty odd line-up of mishaps, I mentioned Audio Advisor for comparison. I'll do it again, this time reversed. AA won't send the replacement unit unless the one to be replaced was already received by them or you would be billed twice, with them crediting your credit card upon receiving the replaced unit. Outlaw Audio sent me the replacement unit before receiving the "faulty" one and without billing me twice. On this one, they rose above AA.

Bottom line, my hopes came true. This is a happy-ending story in spite of a less-than-happy start.

At this point I am a very satisfied customer.

PS I'll also use this opportunity to mention something else about Audio Advisor. They proved to be a true advisor for me. They mentioned Outlaw Audio to me in spite of the fact that they don't carry their products and there was no profit for them in mentioning Outlaw...