Well...
reports of "no audio" after the upgrade exist
errata from Cirrus exist
Steve is no longer with Outlaw

No so sure what to believe anymore. Today is May 1, I received my unit on April 13 and I haven't gotten it fixed yet (Steve was supposed to send me a memory chip, but, according to Scott, he failed to do so as the day he talked to me was his last day with Outlaw Audio). This doesn't warm me up too much. I'm the sucker with a faulty unit in my house, still waiting for a replacement component from Outlaw, using the receiver with the remote in my hand, for if during watching an HD channel a commercial in stereo kicks in, I have to bounce the sources in order to restore the sound (not always, but I gotta be ready).
When I asked Scott (after he realized that Steve left me hanging) to send me the chip via a faster carrier than USPS he said that it's too expensive to do so for such a small item. By comparison, when Audio Advisor failed to send me what they promised and I called them next day to complain that I didn't get the shipping notification via email, they apologized and sent me the item "next day air", to make up for their error, and that was a heavy subwoofer, for which FedEx next day air amounted to $60.
Wouldn't a company with "great customer support" try to quickly compensate for any errors on their side?
Would you consider "great service" waiting for two weeks to have an item you bought new to get fixed?
Would you consider "great service" for a company to send you the replacement chip rather than offering "on the spot" to have the unit returned on their dime and fixed by them? I'm technical enough to pull out a chip and insert the other, that's why I accepted Steve's request to do the replacement myself, but still, I don't even imagine a strong company attempting such a thing during the first 30 days after the purchase.
Please convince me that my experience with Outlaw is an unfortunate exception and that they're worth to be with...