No, you get to pick one digital input per device (DVD, CD, SAT is what I mean by device) - you would have to change the setting there too. I haven't had the need so I've never looked, but if you look hard enough you might be able to buy a TOS Link (optical) selector switch. Now that I think about it, you probably could get away with it if you used the COAX audio output on both players and bought yourself a really high quality Male - 2 Fameale Y-Adapter and hooked them both to one of the coax inputes. As long as you are already keeping the power off on the unused component it might work - I have no idea if there will be any sound quality degradation or not, and someone who knows more might come along and shoot me for suggesting it, but.... My only caution is try it with the volume of the receiver set really low in case it causes some kind of static burst, and at that same low volume level try it with both devices turned on so you can simulate what would happen if you "accidentally" had them both on before it actually happens.