I'm building out a small home theater and am at the stage where I need to decide on a receiver so I can run the appropriate cabling.

I love the idea of the 1070 but am trying to convince myself why it's a "better" choice than a Denon or HK with similar specs at a lower price. I WANT to purchase the 1070 ... I just need some more convincing.

For example, the Denon AVR-1706 seems to have about the same processing modes, similar output (75 WPC) and comes from a brand with a generally good reputation. And it's half the price of a 1070.

I know this may seem like sacrilege to be posting this on Outlaw's forum, but how/why is the 1070 better? Other than DVI switching and preamp outputs, both of which the 1070 has and this particular Denon lacks, what else makes the 1070 a better choice?

With speakers and subs you can usually hear the difference $500 makes, with displays you can see it ... can you hear the difference with a receiver?

For reference, this will be used with DefTech Mythos Gem speakers (5), a Rocket ULW-10 subwoofer and a Pioneer 43" plasma.

Thanks.