I have recently sold some of my old gear in order to purchase a new tv, receiver and speakers. One of my old pieces of gear that I sold was my old 1050 which I loved but that was lacking some features that I was looking for such as dplIIx Component inputs and a 7th channel. I had been so very anxious for the 1070 to come out but when it did at 899 It really was in a tough price range with some stiff competetion such as the hk 635, Denon 3805 Nad 753. The thing that was really disturbing to me were the post about the need to crank the volume to near its upper limits to get reasonable sound. One of the things I loved about my old 1050 was the fact that I never had to crank it past 45-50(out of 80) to get high levels of sound. Now I understand the whole - to + dbls range and that is to help calibrate to reference level but it seems crazy to have a volume control from range from -70 to + 10 and not get any sound until about the -20's. Why cant they make a volume range from 1-80 where 20 is a fourth of the total volume. I was just wondering if I was alone I this or if anybody else looked at this the same way I do.