Hey, where's the bartender in here anyway? I'm getting mighty thirsty!

I was pouring over the Arcam AVR250 specs. and reviews and noticed quite a few similarities with the Outlaw 1070. They both seem to be targetted at the "good HT AND good music" crowd. Both don't have a lot of the features I don't care about such as DSP modes and Auto-EQ. Power-wise they're pretty close. Interestingly, they both have the 4/8 ohm switch and same power ratings for both. I haven't seen that alot.

This reviewer figured the bi-amping made a noticable difference, I see the 1070 doesn't have this capability.
http://ultimateavmag.com/avreceivers/605arcam/
Anyone know offhand if this could be added with a future software upgrade or would that involve hardware changes?

Anyway, with the 1070's beefy power supply and high-quality components it's looking to me like a less expensive AVR250 with a bit of a trade off in the feature dept.( Arcam has bi-amp or Zone 2 and shockingly no pre-amp outputs; Outlaw has DVI-switching and analog bass management). I haven't heard the AVR250, but in my mind if the 1070 consider's it competition that's got my attention. Is the 1070 a serious competitor to the AVR250? Has anyone had the opportunity to compare the two? Am I expecting/hoping for too much from the 1070? Should I squirrel away a few more coins and consider a 990/7125 combo instead?