My views from the sideline.

I have no plans on owning the 1070 since I am a 990/770 owner, but I do think the Outlaws should have beefed up the amp section at this price. I understand it is only a few decibels but not having at least 100wpc in the $1000 range seems out of place. The feature set looks great though, but that only stays fresh for the first year. Once every receiver in the $300 range has HDMI or DVI switching and the $1000 range receivers start eclipsing the 1070 in features then 70 wpc will be a much harder sell for the Outlaws. Power may not be important out of the gate with a feature ladened receiver but as time goes by it will need to rely more and more on the meat and potatoes and less on the features. One feature that will probably remain uniquely Outlaw is the analog bass management, which is truly awesome, but quite frankly if a receiver in a years time can do bass management with an HDMI cable, then that relegates that feature as less important too. I truly respect the Outlaws and I know without hearing it that the sound quality is "there" but IMO I think in its price bracket charging $100-200 more and beefing up the amp would have made its long term prospects better.