my main sub is velodyne hgsII 18 1250rms, 3000+peak. i used to supplement with velodyne hgsII 10s for the fronts 1250rms, 3000+peak before my theatre room got smaller and i got less excited about audio.

i dont know how much you know about velodyne, but they are the amplification/performance that i expect. very high quality, low distortion, and gobs of extra power (enough to blow out the lights if you arent wired right). not that power is the only measure of quality for subs, but still...

do i know for sure that 1250rms is being produced or used, no. do i care if is actually only 1225rms, no. i care that when i hear an explosion i can feel it, and when i hear a car backfire it sounds different than that explosion. i care that i can listen at thx ultra2 level, or i can listen down the street/in the yard, etc. do i crank up the sub past 1/4, not often, but have i, yes. has the sub produced as much power as it says it can, not likely, but im sure i have gotten it close.

65wpc is not enough for me, and its not enough for a lot of other people.

subs have higher power requirements because they have different goals than loudspeakers, plus drivers are larger, etc. so the comparison is not the best, but since it was taken there, i analogized.

you have got to be crazy, if you think you can convince me that 65wpc is better than 100wpc (same quality assumed). only way 65wpc would be better is if it was priced for 65wpc, the 1070 is in the price range where you can get quality and 100wpc.

i am using 100watts as my argument, because i think that is the lowest acceptable power rating that most people want. LOWEST being the key word.

people with exotic needs and equipment, arent likely looking at a receiver, no matter who makes it or how great it is!

the outlaws appreciate our opinions, so dont dare mislead them into the idea that 65wpc was a good idea. you guys should be appalled and complain, so that next time they take it into account.

anyway, i have gotten this urge to crank up my sub now and revel in its excessive power capabilities and wonder if i could get more from my gear if i build a reactor in my basement.