Billy, I had a similar situation. I have ML reQuests (larger and older--pre XStat--than the Vista) and was looking to upgrade my Yamaha 2092 (pre-2500). I had a Classe amp which provided better power than the 2092 and allowed me to bi-amp the reQuest, so my 2092 primarily served as a pre-amp and surround amp.

I originally chose the 990 and 7125. I swapped in the 990 in place of the 2092 and there was much greater clarity than the Yamaha. The 990 also gave me bass management so it was a keeper.

On the amplification side, the 7125 is well-built and was a small sonic upgrade over my Classe which was much better than the 2092's amp. Even after upgrading to the 7125, I still wasn't satisfied with the sound though so I auditioned the 7500. I went back and forth between the 7125 and 7500, wanting the two to sound the same so I could save the $$$. It wasn't close though. The 7500 was a substantial improvement for these speakers and I returned the 7125. I can say I'm finally happy with the sound of my reQuests.

btw, Outlaw pre-sales and support has been fantastic. They patiently answered my many pre-purchase questions and quickly resolved a significant UPS shipping problem.

Enjoy!

Rob
Samsung 65" LED TV
Front: Martin Logan reQuests & Logos
Surround: Martin Logan Fresco i via Outlaw OAWA3
Sub: ACI Maestro w/ ICE amp