Wedge,

I looked at the manual and you might be able to do a little trick if what you want to do is get true left and right sub signals. Instead of running a Y splitter from th sub out which will get you the same signal to both subs you could use the tape out jacks (which is similar to the pre-out and can be connected to the "sub in" on your subs) to drive the left and right subs. Of course this assumes that you are not using the tape out. The tape out signal will not have any bass management applied to it so you will be receiving the full left and right signals on those lines. You will need to use the crossover circuit on your sub to keep from driving the sub at to high a frequency. This setup will still allow you to use bass management if needed on your main speakers.

I have not personally tried this but I believe it will work. The manual makes reference of this technique (see page 16 option 4) for driving a second set of speakers with an external amp. Well, that is exactly what two powered subs would be. Please let us know how this works for you.

Good Luck
Mark D. Rodriguez
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.