I have been seeking as much info as possible about these subs and came across a site which posted a graph of frequency response for the LFM-2. It showed a peak of 104dB @ 70Hz to a trough of 96dB @ 42Hz, rising again to 101dB @ 27Hz and staying at 101dB all the way down to 21Hz. That low figure is impressive, but unimportant for acoustic instruments which don't often go below 42Hz (open low string on a bass fiddle). What this means, if these measurements are accurate, is that the LFM-2 is down 8dB at the most important level - not much different from my main speakers, and identical to my little Yamaha sub! (Of course, 40dB is the bottom of the Yamaha.)

Moreover, I downloaded the manual for the LFM series and found the following specs for the LFM-1: Frequency Response - 25Hz - 180Hz +/- 2dB, and for the LFM-2: Frequency Response - 25Hz - 180Hz +/- 2dB - that is, the same! ???

I have never heard any Outlaw (or Hsu) sub, so can only go by specs. These specs are not impressive for what I want - which is a level response down to 40Hz and then a gradual rolloff to, say, 30. Can anyone suggest a sub which meets those requirements?