I'm a very happy 950 owner who is about to move into a new condo. I had always assumed I would purchase 2 LFM-2s to flank my new 61" Sony SXRD TV. smile

Here's the issue--I have no sub placement flexibility. Whatever I choose has to fit on either side of the TV cabinet. An LFM1 is a bit too wide. The room is approx 24x15x9 high, not including hallways and such. Sats are the Gallo A'Divas.

The 2 LFM-2s would fit beautifully, and I was hoping that the two would help to offset my placement issues a bit. Still, the reality is that if I have a standing wave, it's not going to help. So I've been looking at the newish Velodyne SPL-R 800R, which is a tiny cube with a built in SMS1-style system. It retails for about 1000, and has gotten spectacular reviews.

So it's a bit of a quandary. The LFM2s are cheaper, and I know the quality is high. But if placement isn't just right, there's really nothing I can do to fix it. On the side of the LFM-2s, however, is the fact that I use a high crossover--so the stereo style configuration actually becomes somewhat useful (localization is always an issue).

The Velodyne, in contrast, is double the price, but should be more flexible to positioning with the EQ.

Any thoughts from people who have heard either sub? Any advice is quite appreciated. Thanks!