I’m really just showing off my ‘dream speaker’ but it did get me to wondering how much leeway there is in fitting your own setup into that cabinetry design.
I’m such a female putting the cart (cabinet) before the horse (crossovers, drivers, baffles etc). I can see at a glance into DIY why men can give their lives up to getting speakers right either as a profession or in their spare time. Simply discussing the exterior build or something extremely similar for a DIY, the husband stated if I wanted a cabinet [like that] he could build it but he’d do the Tweeter chamber in something like Corian milled to shape (including the hourglass tuck) he suggested Black/granite textured. This off the top of his head thinking of a material with density. I wondered if the designers might have chosen alum for its ability to quickly disperse heat or if it really even has any bearing other than ascetics on that line. Lots to think about. My husband doesn’t have the tools on-site to mill that thickness alum. A friend owns a fence company (machines fencing components), and has milled some exotic parts for various projects of his own over the years to extremely tight tolerances. I’d rather ask him and go for alum.

I noted the distance for an array of that size and have already begun to just ‘look at’ drivers. I see quickly you can spend thousands on the drivers and the particularly the Scan speak use in many reputable speakers already caught my eye. If the husband is truly interested, (he said if I did the footwork for components etc) I might aim towards a baby grand version. That speaker is my idea of stunning in the cabinetry department. Just reading when I can on DIY speakers should have a positive effect on my understanding in AV whether a project ever comes to fruition or not.