Understood… I was referring more to the ‘construction’ as in crafted for fit and finish at a cabinetmaker’s level of expertise, (he was one) that was what my “beautiful women” remark was illustrating. He has the skill to make me an exact duplicate of the ‘Temptation’ cabinets’ external facade. Our sole position of strength in starting a project like this would be our ability to handle (from Jason)‘veneers or fancy cosmetics’. I’ve seen many DIY speaker builders state a need for kit resources with high quality finished cabinetry for their projects that being the lack they have in DIY their talent (and interest) lies more to the electronic side of speaker fabrication.
The engineering behind cabinet ‘design’ as it directly impacts sound output I have noted has many variables. Enclosed/ported/blockable ports/locations of ports to relation to cones/baffles/Chamber sizing as it relates to air volume requirements, damping/ resonance/ etc. The ‘shell’ is the only expertise we have (thereby my ‘easy’ comment), how many of us have complained that many producers of AV products would be better served at times by putting more of their CPU into components over looks.
Amongst all the impact interactions of a DIY I think it’s the crossovers that appear to be one of the most intimidating aspects.