Lena,
If you really want a bullet proof speaker, I'd recommend you look at B&W or Wharfdale- especially those models using Kevlar drivers. Sorry-couldn't resist. My recommendation- find what you like, (be sure to spend more than you originally budgeted for!) sound-wise, then look within that manufacturer's models for those that will meet your room and listening requirements. By that, I mean that it sounds like you may have your HT set up in a fairly large room. If so, make sure what you buy doesn't have to be overdriven to fill the room with sound at the levels you (or other family members) like to listen at. The dealer or manufacturer should be able to help with some ideas on what models to look at within the different brands based on your room size. As for subs- if you have a big room- get 2 woofs. When you settle on what you like, at least take the mains home and try them in your room. If you blow them, take them back and plan on spending even more money. Fortunately you've got lots of power available. Good luck!