I finished setting up a new 990, my first foray into using a preamp for video switching (I used to send video straight from source to my Toshiba CRT, audio went to a simply DD decoder/preamp). I must say, 2-channel audio is terrific...and was one of my worries, but listening to analog inputs from a Marantz CD-63 via Bypass has been great. Cannot wait to hook up my turntable. Very relieved.

DVD performance, both video and audio, are beyond expectation. Wonderful.

But I am still working out some glitches in both audio and video when watching T.V. via Verizon FIOS. For example, audio 'throbs' in and out when watching certain stations. And on video, I get changes to formatting (screen size-again, certain stations, typically standard TV) that I never got before, whether watching OTA HD signals thru an LG set-top box, or more recently, FIOS via their Motorola set top box.

If I watch HD stations, all seems OK. But other stations...I used to have zero issues, but now I have that audio throbbing, and video aspect ratio changing. I have scrutinized the manuals for the Motorola set top box, the T.V., and cannot find a solution. For example, the set top box has audio output options of "Fixed" and "Variable" yet no useful advice as to which to choose. Also, Motorola manual says to set the volume to 3/4 if using an A/V receiver for audio. This suggests that the audio output from the Motorola is tied to volume, but I'm simply using the audio digital output from the Motorola to the 990.

Anyway, if anyone has experienced some issues w/ using the Motorola set top box, let me know. I am currently using coax digital for audio, and component for video, both to the 990.
Panasonic TC P50ST60 plasma TV
Oppo BD-103 blu ray
LG-LST3510 OTA STB
Channel Master CM-4221 HD UFH antenna
Monster HTS 2600 mk.II power management

Audio Only Side:
McCormack RLD-1 Preamp (has theater pass-thru)
Onkyo CD Player LX-7555
Thorens TD 320 MkII

Speakers:
Vandersteen 1C, VCC, 2Wq
Cambridge Soundworks surrounds