Quote:
I would probably run the new HD receiver HDMI's Out into the 990 HDMI's In then out to the tv (as XenonMan) but since you will be using two different tv inputs as opposed to one now, is there any advantages of doing it this way verse connecting the HD receiver HDMI straight to the tv?
If you anticipate adding a second HDMI device (such as Blu-ray), wiring it this way now will simplify the process when that second device is added.
Quote:
If picture quality would be similar using component vs HDMI with a source such as a HD sat receiver it sure looks like it would be a slicker setup just using component.
If your satellite receiver is the only HDMI equipped device, I would be sorely tempted to leave it on component for the convenience of using the 990's switching - at least until/unless you have an additional HDMI device in the mix.
Quote:
Not that I can afford it now but does the new 997 handle HDMI/component, connections/switching any different?
Details on the 997 are still a little elusive, but the fact that it has a video processing chip would suggest that it will be able to transcode, deinterlace, and if desired scale analog video sources and send them to the HDMI monitor output.