Thanks Gonk for the reply! Sounds like it's okay to use either an HDMI cable with DVI adapter or a HDMI to DVI cable so I'll check the prices at Monoprice.

Interesting that there's not a big difference using HDMI or component with cable or Sat HD at least it gives me more options.

I will assume for now that I will still be able to use the analog outs of the DTV receiver while at the same time using either component or HDMI.

Okay I've never used a RF modulator before should it:
A. provide as good as signal (tv picture) as my currently ran coax from Direct Tivo RF out?

B. Compared to running analog A/V cables to the upstairs tv should the RF modulated signal be about the same?

I actually like the idea of the RF modulator since I wouldn't have to run more cable is the Radio Shack model decent? For a little more money I've found a CE Labs 1001ST Stereo RF modulator http://www.amazon.com/LABS-1001ST-Stereo...32213346&sr=1-1 would this work with my Sat receiver? Even though CE Labs website says it's discontinued it still seems to be available several places.

Just curious with the RF signal I'm currently sending from my Direct Tivo to my upstairs tv, is the audio it's sending mono or stereo?