I have some general hookup questions but let me first explain that I have the Outlaw 990 with everything (Direct Tivo, outboard OTA tuner,dvd & vcr) hooked directly to it. I use a component cable ran from the 990 to my older 57" HDTV since it has neither DVI or HDMI. I also run the RF out of the Direct Tivo to an upstairs bedroom and I'm using a MX-600 with RF base station to control it.

While I'd like to get a newer HDTV with HDMI I'm still willing to wait it out another year for the prices to drop on 60" or so screen sizes. Since my 57" Toshiba lacks it's own digital tuner I use an older Zenith 420 to get my hi-def OTA local channels and despite only being able to run component from the 990 to the Toshiba the hi-def channels look pretty good to my eyes.

Okay in the coming months I'm either going to upgrade my Direct Tivo to one of DTV's HD models or maybe even wait for the upcoming Direct Tivo although that could be a long wait.

Now some questions:

1. Since the newer DTV HD receivers all use HDMI and the 990 only had DVI, do you recommend getting a HDMI to DVI cable or using a HDMI cable (already have) with an HDMI to DVI adapter? Is there a difference in quality? Or would I want to stay with component since that's the way the Direct Tivo is hooked up now and the best connection to my tv would still be component also?

2. As far as I know most newer Direct TV HD receivers loose the RF out so I need to think of a way to still get that signal to an upstairs bedroom. I'm assuming that all newer HD receivers would still have analog audio and video out am I right in assuming this?

3. If all new HD Sat receivers do still provide both audio and video analog out would they still be active while you would be using either HDMI or component to the 990?

4. Providing answers to 2 & 3 are yes, would there be any issues running analog cables A/V 50ft to 75ft to the upstairs bedroom? I see Monoprice has cables pretty long for a decent price.