After receiving my new Mye Stands for my Magnepans, thought I would recalibrate the speakers. Made sure that Tone Defeat was on and noticed some differences while using the Outlaw mic vs. the RS meter. I set the speakers to small and sub to on suggested by Outlaw and crossovers all set at 80Hz. Using the auto calibration set up and comparing the numbers to the RS meter using both a DTS and an AIX calibration disc, the Outlaw was spot on for the front, center and rear speakers but suggested a -8dB to the sub. The RS meter using the two calibration discs suggest having the sub level at 0dB. Listening to either 2 or 5 channel discs, whether standard CD, DTS or hi-rez material, bass was thin using the auto calibration setting. Running with the suggestions of the two calibration discs using the RS meter, bass was full with all my test discs and at times a bit too full depending on the 5 channel recording. Or maybe I didn't realize that is how the recording is really how it supposed to sound! Curious to see an 8dB difference for the sub based on the different methods. Even using the test tones out of my Marantz matched both the DTS and AIX discs! The 0dB setting is the same setting I used when I had my old Parasound HT processor that the Outlaw 990 replaced. Just wondered if others seen this same observation while adjusting their sub. Is it the white noise vs. pink noise difference that I have seen in other posts? Probably will have to use my ears again to fine tune the sub level to find that happy medium.

Slbenz