Dang, Slbenz, you know your DACs! lol Thanks for that info!

And "taming the edginess of my CDs" is exactly what I'm trying to achieve here. I want detail and transparency, but at the same time I want to avoid "clinical" and "sterile". I listen to a wide range of music, and I don't want one entire portion of my collection ostracized because I've assembled a system that is way too analytical. I have a tube hybrid amp that I love, and I expect (based on what I've read from multiple sources, including yourself, about certain tube DACs) that I'll achieve exactly what I'm going after as a result of the research I'm doing and the questions I'm asking.

I thought at first that I'd have to get rid of my 950, but then I realized that it's done everything I've ever asked it to do in terms of HT...so why not just keep it around? I'll incorporate the necessary gear to take my 2-channel to the next level and still have my trusty Outlaw pre/pro to handle movies.

By the way, nice speakers! I had MMGs for almost two years and loved every minute. Maggies are probably the only speaker I'd give up my current DeVores for...I bet your system sounds awesome!

Thanks again!
7075 Amp
950 PrePro (2003-2010)
975 PrePro (2012-Present)
Outlaw ICs (2003-Present)
M8 Subwoofer (2011-Present)
???