Ok Gonk, I took your advice and went with the connections you recommended; 990 Sub Out to ML LFE in, bypassing the ML crossover.

New 990 Settings:

Fronts = Large @ 40hz
Surrounds = Small @ 120hz
Center = Small @ 120hz
Sub = LFE Only

Sub Settings

1. Phase @ 0
2. Low Pass Filter is now disabled
3. Level @ 5
4. 25hz Level @ +3

I just made the change so not allot of listening time. I did briefly listen to a few of my favorite regular and SACD's and I have to say the immediate experience wasn't pleasant. I did play with the 25hz level a bit and successfully got rid of the "BOOM" but I can't find that quick, tight, disappearing bass I used to have....its there though....just needs a little more tweaking. Maybe a need to reposition the sub....?

Threw in a couple movies and immediately I could hear the difference in the dialog and mids. I actually had to go into the 990 and dial them down a bit because they were now so prominent. "That was pleasing!" The low end response remained almost as quick and transparent as the previous setup but I had to adjust the 25hz level to get the umff I wanted.

Only because I was impressed by the video sound reproduction will I live with this setup until I've done some real critical audio listening. Audio playback is a very important part of my HT, so this has to work. laugh

Any suggestions ?
Panasonic AE900U
ML Aeon i
ML Cinema i
ML Descent
Monitor Audio Bronze
Panamax 5400-EX
Da-Lite 120" Fixed Screen
...and allot of goodies in between

EJ\'s Home Theater