Until a few days ago, I was pleased with the audio and video playback of my HT. I must admit though, "I'm a tweak head!" For some reason I always feel if I made one more tweak, it would look or sound better. Anyway, both the ML Aeon i's and Descent came with the patent ML spikes. However, I didn't feel the need to install them because it already sounded great.

Well hold on to your seats boys and girls (speaking of girls, why aren't there any in forum)anyways, after installing the spikes on the fronts, I played one of my favorite movie and audio demos

David Benoit (Every Step of the Way) GRP, track 3 Key to You and 4 Remember what you Said David Benoit, Every Step of the Way, GRP, track 3 - Key to You & 4 - Remember what you Said. I've loved this CD since the time of purchase (1988) but never have a heard it sound this good. Mind you now, I still haven't installed any acoustical panels or traps....I think many of you would be amazed on the tightness of my sound stage and detailed imaging. With the spikes added to Aeon's, they sound like a totally different speaker. In short, they've completely disappeared in the room. Even the wife notice!!! That's gotta stand for something! :-)

Then came Master and Commander, chapter 4 (Under Attack). All I could was take a deep breath, close my eyes and say, thank God for good sounding HT. I was again completely blown away at the detail now audible in my system. By far the cheapest tweak even done.

Now came the coup de gras; placing the spikes on the sub. Until now, I believed to get the tightest LFE from my sub was definitely going to require installing traps of some sort. I don't think I can put into words how excited I am about my system right now. The low end in my theater is so quick and tight, I had to lower the level a notch. I still may need to add a couple acoustical panels; definitely don't need traps, but on a scale from 1 to 10 my system is a 12 laugh

One question for the group. How do I determine the best setting for the ML Sub? These are the options:

Phase: 0, 90, 180, 270 (I have it set to 0)
Low Pass Filter: 40hz or 70hz (I have it set to 40hz)
Level: set to 5
25hz Level: 0 to +12bd or 0 to -12db (I have it set to 0)
Panasonic AE900U
ML Aeon i
ML Cinema i
ML Descent
Monitor Audio Bronze
Panamax 5400-EX
Da-Lite 120" Fixed Screen
...and allot of goodies in between

EJ\'s Home Theater